Monday, October 12, 2009

Method 6



Don't Let the Pigeon Jump on the Bed by PSUAltoonaGirls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oysx-q3zjCM

I chose this video because I absolutely LOVE Mo Willems. I thought this was a very creative adaptation of his popular Pigeon books.

I could see YouTube being used in the library to teach library lessons...such as how to use the catalog, what and what not to do in the library, etc. It would also be creative to create videos like these girls did and make your own adaptations of popular books. Book talks could also be recorded and posted as videos as well as creating book trailers...which are very popular on TeacherTube.

I can see why this website is blocked by most school districts. There is no protecting students from inappropriate content. If there was a way for videos created by the librarian to be accessed and not the rest of the website, then that would be ideal. I guess the best way to do that would be to embed the videos from YouTube to my librarian webpage...something to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment