Monday, November 23, 2009

Method 10

I couldn't edit the Library Development A Dozen Ways to Two Step Favorites Wiki because when I clicked on edit it said that the webpage was being edited by LBk and then it asked me if I wanted to "steal the lock." I wasn't quite sure what that meant, so I just posted my favorite blog as a comment.

A few years ago I when I was still a classroom teacher, tried to create a Wiki for our school's library. The tech department did not allow me to do it, however, because they did not know how to set up a wiki through them and they did not want me to use an outside source. It was kind of frustrating so I have not tried again since then.

The only thing I do not like about Wikis is that anybody can go in and edit what you have done. Where is the safety in that? And for sites like Wikipedia, I teach my students not to depend on that as an authoritative source because of the fact that anybody can edit the information found on it. I could see setting up a Wiki to be used similar to my Book Talk Blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment