Monday, November 23, 2009

Method 11

I do have a question about podcasts...are they all free or are there some that do cost money?

When searching for a podcast to listen to/watch, I started with podcast.com but quickly became frustrated when I couldn't find much information of a certain podcast to see if it was something I would be interested in or it wouldn't play one I selected because of whatever reason. I then tried podcastalley.com and I couldn't get one to play.

I could see using podcasts in the library. I could record myself doing lessons, post them as podcasts, and then children or teachers could access them later on as refreshers. You could also podcasts as book trailers. You could make a podcast of a book you just read and turn it into a book trailer and then everytime you create a new one your subscribers could automatically see it. This would be a great thing to do and an alternative to posting trailers on blogs.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I have to admit that I'm not a huge expert in podcasting. I think I am more of a visual learner so podcasts have never really appealed to me much. So, I'm not sure if there are fee-based podcasts out there. I bet there are, although they are far outnumbered by the number of freely available ones. Thanks, Naomi

    ReplyDelete