Monday, November 23, 2009

Method 9

Every employee in our school district has a gmail account. We are able to chat with anyone at anytime during the day through our gmail accounts (if people are available). I never log in to my chat...my status is always "unavailable" because I do not want to risk getting in trouble for chatting during work, plus I have too much work to do and don't have time to chat anyway.

I used to be a big "IMer" through my Yahoo account, but I do not do much of that anymore only because it seems not many of my friends are doing it. I do chat on Facebook every now and then. During the summer when I had more time to spend on Facebook I would chat all day long with my friends while doing other things on Facebook, but not so much now.

I do not think that chatting is hard at all. I find it to be very easy. It is nice to just have a quick conversation with someone instead of picking up the phone and calling them. I am one of the funny ones because I do not like to use the abbreviated lingo...I usually spell everything out.

I think it would be neat to set up a chat account with some students and have them chat about books they have read. It would be similar to the Book Talk Blogs I have created for 3rd-5th graders, but it would also help them build their experiences chatting and learning the rules and ropes of chatting.

No comments:

Post a Comment