Monday, November 23, 2009

Method 12

I really enjoyed this course. I just recently finished my MLS degree and there were about 2 technology classes that I had to take that touched on Web 2.0 in general. It was nice to have a refresher course and to see everything with a little bit more detail. It was also great to see how this could be used in the library and see how other librarians are using it as well.

I was glad I finally got to learn what RSS feeds are and I now know what the term cloud computing means. I am now actively using a delicious accout and have considered creating a Flickr account for personal use. There were a lot of things that I just couldn't see using with elementary age students, especially when I do not have an aide or anyone else to help me in the library. I know it sounds like an excuse but I really wonder where all my time goes. I would love to explore things like podcasts and wikis more and figure out how I can make those work for me in my library.

I would choose to participate in similar programs like this in the future. I really enjoyed being able to do everything online at my own pace. There were several of us who worked together on this and that was really nice because we were able to throw ideas around and really help each other understand the concepts and how they could be incorporated into the library. Thank you for this training...I really enjoyed it and it was really helpful.

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome and I'm so glad that you enjoyed the program! Best wishes, Naomi

    ReplyDelete